In my email I find an email post on a free workshop for kids 5-12 years old...
Musical Theater Workshop.
Acting -- Choreography -- Voice
And I think ---
"I must be crazy to pass this one up."
I make the phone call to sign Debany up -- and she's in.
We head to the 3-hour workshop the next day.
Myanna and Porter hang out while Debany has a blast in class.
Debany's workshop teacher seems to think Debany has some talent in it.
And we work it out so that Debany can continue...
because later that day she asks when the next class is.
Luckily the workshop was two days.
And yes, she still keeps asking for more.
Here is the video from the first workshop:
ZIPPADEEDOODAH... (sorry no sound -- how well do you know this song?!)
(Debany's the one in the pink skirt in the middle.)
Zippadeedoodah, zippadee-eh
My, oh my, what a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way...
zippadeedoodah, zippadee-eh.
Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder.
It's the truth; it's actual.
Everything is satisfactual.
Zippadeedoodah, zippadee-eh.
Wonderful feeling.
Wonderful day.
-----
Here's a video of Debany singing a song from Les Miserable.
Cosette's Song: Castle on a Cloud...
(official class -- #1)
Next on the list:
"It's a hard-knock life for us"
From 'Annie' - the musical.
We went and borrowed TONS of musicals besides the ones we have and Debany is just soaking it all up - taking them all in. I guess now I, Jenn, have someone to sing musical songs with in the car!
(Bring back any memories, sisters of mine?!)

No comments:
Post a Comment