Monday, August 10, 2009

My Body Band-Aid



So my kids go through band-aids like they're going out of style.
They wear them on their face, legs, hands, arms, feet, knees, sides. Anywhere there is a scratch, bump, or bruise. I thought about getting them the nice, decorated bandaids...

What was I thinking?! I'm not sure, because the decorated (more expensive) bandaids
don't seem to stick or stay on any better than the generic (more budget friendly) ones!

Just be prepared for frowns when you go back to the generic ones. Someday they'll understand budgets and thank you later -- when they're older. (Maybe.)

In hoping to decrease my budget for bandaids (that for some reason were mistaken as toys and ended up soppin' wet in the bathtub) and maybe also to teach them about their body (when no bandaids were around) --- the kids learned about their 'own body's bandaid'.

Yes, as cheap as they come and what a lesson in patience. Talk about entertainment as they watch an owie's blood dry up before their very eyes! Now, don't be mistaken. Cleanliness and bleeding disorders must be taken into consideration. But what a difference it's made.



Truly, knowledge is power. Now they come to me and say, "Look, Mommy! It's my own body band-aid!" And knowledge, in fact, seems to be a little cheaper than expected.

(It only took 4 years of college class tuitions to pay for this little gem of knowledge!)

But now they know.
"And knowing is half the battle...
G. I. JOE!"



---Okay, I must be really tired, because... well, this post is pretty self-explanatory of that!---


No comments:

Post a Comment