"Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead" -- Wizard of Oz
"It's a Hard-Knock Life" -- Annie
"The Girl I Mean to Be" -- The Secret Garden (musical)
"King to be" -- Esther and the King, Liken
"Friend in Me" -- Toy Story, Disney
"Favorite Things" -- Sound of Music
Favorite Kid Sayings
Jenn: "Isn't Daddy amazing?! He can catch flies with his bare hands!"
Debany: "Yeah! But I just don't feel like it."
----------
Myanna: "What am I? B... B... B..."
Debany: "A bunny"
Myanna: "A Ballerina, Princess, Fairy, Unicorn!"
----------
After giving Porter a haircut, Debany says: "He just doesn't look like Porter anymore."
Jenn: "What does he look like?"
Debany: "I think I'll have to name him 'Jack'. Hi, Jack!"
Porter: "Hi, Debany!"
----------
Dane: "Oh look, here's a cd of nursery songs... blah blah black sheep..." ( I guess he never really liked that nursery song.)
----------
What was your favorite part of the day today, Porter?
"Eating Butterflies" (everyone's laughing)
What did you not like today?
"Eating Butterflies" (it worked last time...)
What do you want to do tonight? (can you guess?)
"Eating Butterflies"
Debany: "Oh... That makes me need to pee!" (laughing so hard)
----------
Porter: "Grrrr... Roarrrr!"
Jenn: "Wow, Porter. Doesn't that hurt?!"
Porter: "yeah"
----------
While holding hands and spreading out (taking up the whole road), Debany says, "We're bigger than a berry!!!"
----------
Porter's new word for a stool: "Stooleey" That's my 'stooleey'.
----------
Debany in her sleep: "Black sheep, black sheep, have you any wool..."
----------
Another night in the past: "Old MacDonald have a farm, EIEIO!"
----------
Debany to Myanna: "Tonight, we get to sleep in the Royal Escume!"
Mom to Debany: "What's an 'escume'?"
Debany to Mom: "It's a lion's cage! And I'm the Queen of the Lions!"
----------
In play:
Debany: "We need to move, can we come and live with you?"
Myanna: "Uhh... well, right now I'm going potty."
----------
Debany: "Wanna blog that?!"
----------
Myanna: "In my dream, we were ugly. And angel came and gave us bones to make us beautiful."
----------
Educational Moment #76
Debany: "Mom, why do boy dogs have those big things between their legs?"
----------
Mom: "Why don't you like hamburger macaroni and cheese?"
Debany: "Because I don't like the hamburger in it -- it kind of infects me."
----------
Debany: "Myanna, go tell mom I found some germs!"
(They ended up being 'grubs.' Those are some big germs!)
----------
Debany: "And then it'll turn all colorey-ish."
----------
Debany: "Oh, Mom. That was so much cool!"
----------
Debany woke up one morning and came in and wanted to cuddle. She said she had a 'morning-mare' because it was a bad dream she had in the morning.
----------
Debany's way of describing anything big or intense: "super-duper" --- or when it's really big: super-duper-duper... etc. etc. etc.
----------
Porter: "clockit" -- translation: chocolate
----------
Myanna: "I want to name my husband... Josh."
Debany: "Myanna, you can't name your husband. They already have names... like Josh, Magaba, Spanish names..."
----------
Debany: "Daddy, your hands are like the giant-est!"
----------
Debany: "Mom! It's like a 'holy macra' outside!"
(translation: 'holy mackerel')
----------
Debany: "If she's older than your mom, she must be like a giant!" (uh...)
----------
Debany: "This'll be much more different-er!"
----------
Debany: "Where's my cucumber?"
Jenn: "I don't know, Honey."
Debany: "Oh. I think I ate it."
----------
Debany: "Are mommy-long-legs nice?"
(We're reading Charlotte's Web.)
----------
Debany: "Look!! Dead people!"
Jenn: "You see dead people?!?" (***)
Debany: "No, just their flowers."
(P.S. -- We passed by a cemetery.)
(***---Hint of 6th Sense there? Oh yeah. We were laughing our heads off!)
----------
Debany: "I think I'm going to be really tired tomorrow because I stayed up so early."
(uh-hem... that does NOT mean she stayed up 'til 1am... Thank you very much.)
----------
Myanna: "I changed Debany into a 'Lava Girl.'
Debany: "Yeah, because my lava tires and shoes just weren't working.'
----------
Leaving the grocery store, an elderly couple said, "Hello, blondies!"
Myanna said: "He called us 'blondie'! That's so silly. He doesn't know how to talk yet!!"
----------
Porter was fussy and Jenn said, "Hey Porter. What's your issues?"
Myanna then said, "I have my 'shoes!'"
----------
Sitting at the dinner table, Debany starts a discussion:
Debany: "Do you know what Heavenly Father's wife's name is? Elizabeth."
Myanna: "That's not her name. It's Sitiara (ie. CTR-uh)."
----------
While Dane and Jenn are weeding in the garden, Debany says she's thirsty. Jenn says, "Well, why don't you go get a drink." Then Debany says, "I can't... because I'm sitting right here!"
----------
It's Myanna's laundry day. So before bed we put her clothes in the washer. Myanna in her excitement says, "I'm a laundrygirl!'
----------
When Daddy was making milk from powder,
Debany says: "Daddy, you're a farmer!"
----------
In talking about the different names for animals and their babies...
Daddy asks: "What do you call a baby rabbit?"
Myanna replies: "A kangaroo!"
----------
Debany: "It's 'baby materation'. You know. It's when babies do things that babies do."
----------
Myanna: Snaps her fingers and says, "Did you hear that?! I'm almost a grown-up!"
----------
Myanna: In speaking of Porter's new pants with a leather patch, "Those are magic pants!"
----------
Myanna: "That was a honey bee!"
Daddy: "No, Honey, that was a bumble bee."
Myanna: "Oh, so does it make 'bumble'?"
(If you follow: a honey bee makes honey, so naturally, a bumble bee makes 'bumble'. Ahhh... now you get it!)
----------
Debany: "How come I can hear things? And see things?? And feel things? I mean, why?!"
----------
Debany: "The Earth is so confusing. It has all these colors."
----------
Debany: "When I grow up, maybe you'll keep our beds and I'll be able to show my husband where I slept when I was a kid. Wouldn't that be so funny?!"
----------
Debany: "I just wanna know what Heaven is like. It's up in the sky?? I just want to go and see what it's like, just for a little while, and then come back."
----------
Mommy: "This is how you cut your pancake with a knife. You stab it with the fork and then cut it with your knife."
Debany: "I think I need some earplugs. You know what they do? You put them in your ears and it makes it so when something is loud it's quiet. It [earplugs] puts the 'quiet' into "Peace & Quiet."
----------
Debany: "I don't like to wiggle my nose. It hurts my ears and makes me need to swallow."
----------
When Debany is trying to talk (and get mommy to stop), she says, "Do I hear any mommy sound?!"
----------
Debany: "I remember something in my head."
----------
Jenn: "Where did you get all this energy?!"
Debany: "God gave it to me."
----------
Debany: "Myanna, stop grumbolucking!" (actually your guess is as good as mine!)
----------
Debany: "We're having a discussion on my children. You know, the 3 boys and 3 girls I'm going to have. And they're going to learn to dance together - because I'm going to teach them."
----------
Porter: (yes he actually said it -- ask Gma Gilson) "ornery"
----------
Jenn: "You're not looking hard enough. I've seen it in your drawer. What are you going to give me if I go up and get it for you?"
Debany: "A happy face?!"
----------
Debany: "I wonder what life would be like if everything was red - and I lived in a cherry."
----------
Myanna: Earthquake -- "Earth Quirk"
----------
Debany: "What happens if a 'tomato' comes?" (tornado)
----------
Debany: "Mommy, hold still and keep your eyes open." Debany puts her eye as close to Jenn's eye as possible. "Tss... Still can't see your spirit."
----------
Debany: "Open Sesame Street!!"
----------
Debany: Everybody's been sick with sore throats. Debany's reasoning. "My throat gets dirty and I have to clear my throat to clean it out."
----------
Debany: "I'm a little honey pot, short and stout, here is my bottom, here is my spout. When I get all filled up I don't know. Tip me over and ho, heave, ho." I'm a little tea pot, Winnie the Pooh style.
----------
Debany: "I have a bunny that I'm married to... he lives in the bathtub."
----------
Debany: "Sanny Antonio"
----------
Myanna: word of the day - EXCEPT
----------
Debany: "It's like I have a fairy tale inside of me! Inside are my feelings - to be little."
----------
Debany: "Mom, I want to be a tooth fairy when I grow up."
----------
Debany: "How does Heavenly Father send us our spirits? They probably come down really slow like this (hand visual) and come through our heads and then into our stomachs. -- But we can't poop them out."
----------
Debany & Jenn are sick today. Still, Debany wanted to clean the bathroom. Just because. Jenn said that it was quiet time and that after quiet time Debany will have more energy to clean the bathroom and will feel better too. Jenn asks, "Does that make sense?" Debany answers, "Of course it makes sense! If it doesn't make sense, you'd have to... wash the dishes!"
----------
In primary, Debany and Becca (a friend) are explaining about the Resurrection. How we live after we die. Debany then explains that we get perfect, young, and beautiful bodies "like when we're mommies and daddies." All the adults look at me and I just wipe my forhead. Fwew. I have no idea where that came from.
----------
In Primary, they sang the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." Debany bent down and banged her cheek on a chair and had to go out of Primary for a few minutes because it really hurt. Later on, the Primary Chorister asks the group what they want to sing. The "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" song was requested. Almost immediately, Debany is raising her hand with vigor, and then says, when she's called on, "That song hurts me." Luckily, they chose another song! :)
----------
Our friend Diane came to our house. Debany didn't realize that her name is not Anne, so I emphasize to her 'DI-ane..DI-ane'. Then she says, "Mom, it sounds like she's 'dying'."
----------
So, Debany's friend is getting baptized tomorrow. Debany's so excited, "Tomorrow morning? At the church?... But there's no rivers there!" Next item of discussion - baptismal fonts.
----------
Debany:
"No kid wants to stay sick, so that's why we have moms."
----------
I woke up one morning and rubbed my eyes, there was Debany at the side of my bed. And she says, "Mom, you look like a virus."
----------
Debany:
"Tomorrow I think I'll different my choice up."
----------
Debany's word of the day: undoubtedly.
"I undoubtedly think you guys are teasing me."
Porter has been using the potty lately. He's gone peepee and poopoo. So, while we sit and wait and finally hear a tinkle, we ask, "Did you go peepee?" To which Porter says: "No I made water!" He insists that he doesn't make peepee... he makes water. So today we hear that he went peepee on the potty. We ask: "Did you make water?" Porter replied, "No. Today I made juice."
----------
Myanna: "What's your favorite candy?"
Mom: "truffles"
Porter: "bubble gum"
Debany: "Milky way - I haven't tried it, but it sure sounds good!"
Myanna: "the noisy kind!"
----------
We're getting ready for church and in comes Porter to Mom and Dad. "We can't go to church today! We can't go to church today!" "Why not, Porter?" asks Daddy. "Because. There's snow on the van!" Replies Porter. Daddy says, "I can clean the snow off the van." To which Porter says, "You'll make a mess, Daddy!"
----------
Porter shares some of his cookie with mom. Mom says, "Thank you, Porter!" With Mommy expecting a 'you're welcome'... instead she gets, "You're a pig!"
----------
Myanna's profound moment: "Kids don't like to be in trouble, that's why they don't argue with eachother."
----------
Debany's new version of the snowman song: "Once there was a snowman, snowman, snow man, once there was a snowman tall, tall, tall. And his name was Jared, Jared, Jared, And his name was Jared.... (silence) and that's all"
----------
While eating her breakfast, Debany says, "This tastes likes bellybuttons." Dane and I look at eachother in confusion... and then Debany reminds us that bellybuttons are those Werthers candies with the circle in the middle.
----------
After Debany shares her drink with Myanna, Porter asks for a drink, to which Debany says, "Uhhh... Porter you have germs." Then I say, "So do you, & so does Myanna..." Debany then says, "Yes, but I'm a girl & girls have MORE germs... that's what my friend Ed said."
---------
Jenn: "Isn't Daddy amazing?! He can catch flies with his bare hands!"
Debany: "Yeah! But I just don't feel like it."
----------
Myanna: "What am I? B... B... B..."
Debany: "A bunny"
Myanna: "A Ballerina, Princess, Fairy, Unicorn!"
----------
After giving Porter a haircut, Debany says: "He just doesn't look like Porter anymore."
Jenn: "What does he look like?"
Debany: "I think I'll have to name him 'Jack'. Hi, Jack!"
Porter: "Hi, Debany!"
----------
Dane: "Oh look, here's a cd of nursery songs... blah blah black sheep..." ( I guess he never really liked that nursery song.)
----------
What was your favorite part of the day today, Porter?
"Eating Butterflies" (everyone's laughing)
What did you not like today?
"Eating Butterflies" (it worked last time...)
What do you want to do tonight? (can you guess?)
"Eating Butterflies"
Debany: "Oh... That makes me need to pee!" (laughing so hard)
----------
Porter: "Grrrr... Roarrrr!"
Jenn: "Wow, Porter. Doesn't that hurt?!"
Porter: "yeah"
----------
While holding hands and spreading out (taking up the whole road), Debany says, "We're bigger than a berry!!!"
----------
Porter's new word for a stool: "Stooleey" That's my 'stooleey'.
----------
Debany in her sleep: "Black sheep, black sheep, have you any wool..."
----------
Another night in the past: "Old MacDonald have a farm, EIEIO!"
----------
Debany to Myanna: "Tonight, we get to sleep in the Royal Escume!"
Mom to Debany: "What's an 'escume'?"
Debany to Mom: "It's a lion's cage! And I'm the Queen of the Lions!"
----------
In play:
Debany: "We need to move, can we come and live with you?"
Myanna: "Uhh... well, right now I'm going potty."
----------
Debany: "Wanna blog that?!"
----------
Myanna: "In my dream, we were ugly. And angel came and gave us bones to make us beautiful."
----------
Educational Moment #76
Debany: "Mom, why do boy dogs have those big things between their legs?"
----------
Mom: "Why don't you like hamburger macaroni and cheese?"
Debany: "Because I don't like the hamburger in it -- it kind of infects me."
----------
Debany: "Myanna, go tell mom I found some germs!"
(They ended up being 'grubs.' Those are some big germs!)
----------
Debany: "And then it'll turn all colorey-ish."
----------
Debany: "Oh, Mom. That was so much cool!"
----------
Debany woke up one morning and came in and wanted to cuddle. She said she had a 'morning-mare' because it was a bad dream she had in the morning.
----------
Debany's way of describing anything big or intense: "super-duper" --- or when it's really big: super-duper-duper... etc. etc. etc.
----------
Porter: "clockit" -- translation: chocolate
----------
Myanna: "I want to name my husband... Josh."
Debany: "Myanna, you can't name your husband. They already have names... like Josh, Magaba, Spanish names..."
----------
Debany: "Daddy, your hands are like the giant-est!"
----------
Debany: "Mom! It's like a 'holy macra' outside!"
(translation: 'holy mackerel')
----------
Debany: "If she's older than your mom, she must be like a giant!" (uh...)
----------
Debany: "This'll be much more different-er!"
----------
Debany: "Where's my cucumber?"
Jenn: "I don't know, Honey."
Debany: "Oh. I think I ate it."
----------
Debany: "Are mommy-long-legs nice?"
(We're reading Charlotte's Web.)
----------
Debany: "Look!! Dead people!"
Jenn: "You see dead people?!?" (***)
Debany: "No, just their flowers."
(P.S. -- We passed by a cemetery.)
(***---Hint of 6th Sense there? Oh yeah. We were laughing our heads off!)
----------
Debany: "I think I'm going to be really tired tomorrow because I stayed up so early."
(uh-hem... that does NOT mean she stayed up 'til 1am... Thank you very much.)
----------
Myanna: "I changed Debany into a 'Lava Girl.'
Debany: "Yeah, because my lava tires and shoes just weren't working.'
----------
Leaving the grocery store, an elderly couple said, "Hello, blondies!"
Myanna said: "He called us 'blondie'! That's so silly. He doesn't know how to talk yet!!"
----------
Porter was fussy and Jenn said, "Hey Porter. What's your issues?"
Myanna then said, "I have my 'shoes!'"
----------
Sitting at the dinner table, Debany starts a discussion:
Debany: "Do you know what Heavenly Father's wife's name is? Elizabeth."
Myanna: "That's not her name. It's Sitiara (ie. CTR-uh)."
----------
While Dane and Jenn are weeding in the garden, Debany says she's thirsty. Jenn says, "Well, why don't you go get a drink." Then Debany says, "I can't... because I'm sitting right here!"
----------
It's Myanna's laundry day. So before bed we put her clothes in the washer. Myanna in her excitement says, "I'm a laundrygirl!'
----------
When Daddy was making milk from powder,
Debany says: "Daddy, you're a farmer!"
----------
In talking about the different names for animals and their babies...
Daddy asks: "What do you call a baby rabbit?"
Myanna replies: "A kangaroo!"
----------
Debany: "It's 'baby materation'. You know. It's when babies do things that babies do."
----------
Myanna: Snaps her fingers and says, "Did you hear that?! I'm almost a grown-up!"
----------
Myanna: In speaking of Porter's new pants with a leather patch, "Those are magic pants!"
----------
Myanna: "That was a honey bee!"
Daddy: "No, Honey, that was a bumble bee."
Myanna: "Oh, so does it make 'bumble'?"
(If you follow: a honey bee makes honey, so naturally, a bumble bee makes 'bumble'. Ahhh... now you get it!)
----------
Debany: "How come I can hear things? And see things?? And feel things? I mean, why?!"
----------
Debany: "The Earth is so confusing. It has all these colors."
----------
Debany: "When I grow up, maybe you'll keep our beds and I'll be able to show my husband where I slept when I was a kid. Wouldn't that be so funny?!"
----------
Debany: "I just wanna know what Heaven is like. It's up in the sky?? I just want to go and see what it's like, just for a little while, and then come back."
----------
Mommy: "This is how you cut your pancake with a knife. You stab it with the fork and then cut it with your knife."
Debany: "I think I need some earplugs. You know what they do? You put them in your ears and it makes it so when something is loud it's quiet. It [earplugs] puts the 'quiet' into "Peace & Quiet."
----------
Debany: "I don't like to wiggle my nose. It hurts my ears and makes me need to swallow."
----------
When Debany is trying to talk (and get mommy to stop), she says, "Do I hear any mommy sound?!"
----------
Debany: "I remember something in my head."
----------
Jenn: "Where did you get all this energy?!"
Debany: "God gave it to me."
----------
Debany: "Myanna, stop grumbolucking!" (actually your guess is as good as mine!)
----------
Debany: "We're having a discussion on my children. You know, the 3 boys and 3 girls I'm going to have. And they're going to learn to dance together - because I'm going to teach them."
----------
Porter: (yes he actually said it -- ask Gma Gilson) "ornery"
----------
Jenn: "You're not looking hard enough. I've seen it in your drawer. What are you going to give me if I go up and get it for you?"
Debany: "A happy face?!"
----------
Debany: "I wonder what life would be like if everything was red - and I lived in a cherry."
----------
Myanna: Earthquake -- "Earth Quirk"
----------
Debany: "What happens if a 'tomato' comes?" (tornado)
----------
Debany: "Mommy, hold still and keep your eyes open." Debany puts her eye as close to Jenn's eye as possible. "Tss... Still can't see your spirit."
----------
Debany: "Open Sesame Street!!"
----------
Debany: Everybody's been sick with sore throats. Debany's reasoning. "My throat gets dirty and I have to clear my throat to clean it out."
----------
Debany: "I'm a little honey pot, short and stout, here is my bottom, here is my spout. When I get all filled up I don't know. Tip me over and ho, heave, ho." I'm a little tea pot, Winnie the Pooh style.
----------
Debany: "I have a bunny that I'm married to... he lives in the bathtub."
----------
Debany: "Sanny Antonio"
----------
Myanna: word of the day - EXCEPT
----------
Debany: "It's like I have a fairy tale inside of me! Inside are my feelings - to be little."
----------
Debany: "Mom, I want to be a tooth fairy when I grow up."
----------
Debany: "How does Heavenly Father send us our spirits? They probably come down really slow like this (hand visual) and come through our heads and then into our stomachs. -- But we can't poop them out."
----------
Debany & Jenn are sick today. Still, Debany wanted to clean the bathroom. Just because. Jenn said that it was quiet time and that after quiet time Debany will have more energy to clean the bathroom and will feel better too. Jenn asks, "Does that make sense?" Debany answers, "Of course it makes sense! If it doesn't make sense, you'd have to... wash the dishes!"
----------
In primary, Debany and Becca (a friend) are explaining about the Resurrection. How we live after we die. Debany then explains that we get perfect, young, and beautiful bodies "like when we're mommies and daddies." All the adults look at me and I just wipe my forhead. Fwew. I have no idea where that came from.
----------
In Primary, they sang the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." Debany bent down and banged her cheek on a chair and had to go out of Primary for a few minutes because it really hurt. Later on, the Primary Chorister asks the group what they want to sing. The "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" song was requested. Almost immediately, Debany is raising her hand with vigor, and then says, when she's called on, "That song hurts me." Luckily, they chose another song! :)
----------
Our friend Diane came to our house. Debany didn't realize that her name is not Anne, so I emphasize to her 'DI-ane..DI-ane'. Then she says, "Mom, it sounds like she's 'dying'."
----------
So, Debany's friend is getting baptized tomorrow. Debany's so excited, "Tomorrow morning? At the church?... But there's no rivers there!" Next item of discussion - baptismal fonts.
----------
Debany:
"No kid wants to stay sick, so that's why we have moms."
----------
I woke up one morning and rubbed my eyes, there was Debany at the side of my bed. And she says, "Mom, you look like a virus."
Fun stuff. Alex was our neat girl. She wanted nothing to do with the gooey stuff. She just wanted to go wash her hands.
ReplyDelete